So April is finally here and so is the much awaited#30days30ayats challenge. Read on to find out more
So what is the #30days30ayats challenge
So it is pretty simple we have 30 days to learn about and memorise the 30 ayats of Surah Mulk. All you have to do is memorise one ayat a day and In Shaa Allah by the end of the 30 days of April we would have memorised the whole Surah In Shaa Allah.
Why did I choose Surah Mulk
Why wouldn’t I choose Surah Mulk. Like many of the Surahs in the Quran there are many virtues for reading Surah Mulk daily especially before you sleep. By memorisong this Surah we can make it easier to make this recitation part of our daily routine. Here are some of the virtues:
Ibn Abbas (ra) narrates :”One of the companions of Rasullulah صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ pitched a tent on a grave without knowing that it was a grave. Suddenly he heard a person from the grave reciting Surah al-Mulk till he completed it. The Companion went to the Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ and said: ‘O Rasullulah! I pitched my tent on a grave without knowing that is was a grave. Suddenly I heard a person from the grave reciting Surah al_Mulk till he completed it.’ The Prophet صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said : ‘It is the defender and the deliverer – it delivers from the punishment of the grave.'”
Jabir Radiyallahu ‘anhu narrates that Nabi Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam did not use to sleep until he recited Alif Lam Mim Sajdah, (Surah 32) and Tabarakalladhl biyadihil mulk (Surah 67).
Abu Hurairah Radiyallahu ‘anhu narrates that Nabi Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam said: Indeed, there is a Surah in the Qur’an having thirty verses, which intercedes for its reciter until he is forgiven. And that Surah is: Tabarakalladhl biyadihil mulk (Surah 67).
It was narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas’ud said: Whoever reads Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk [i.e. Surah al-Mulk] every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) we used to call it al-mani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allah it is a surah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well. (An-Nasa’i)
Isn’t this normally a Ramadhan Challenge?
Yes this challenge is normally done in Ramadhaan and most of you have probably seen the various bloggers and facebook groups covering this challenge in the previous years. Every year I have decided to do the same but something has always happened and its never happened. So right now I have made the sincere intention of learning the surah during the month of April that also has 30 days. Another reason for not waiting until Ramadhaan is that is just under two months away and nobody has been promised with Ramadhaan. What if this is my last chance to do this challenge now.
How to take part in the challenge?
It is so simple to take part. Every day I will be posting the daily ayat with translation on Instagram and facebook. If you would like me to tag you in these posts just comment below or message me on Instagram/facebook. By helping and motivating eachother I hope we can keep the enthusiasm going for the whole month In Shaa Allah.
Tips for memorising each ayat
- Start off with reciting bismillah and the following invocation ‘rabbi zidni i’lma’ x3 and ‘rabbi ishrah li sadri, wa yassir li amri, wahlul uqdatam mil lisaani, yafqahu qawli x3.(write the Arabic if possible)Through these invocations and duaas inshaAllah Allah will make it easier to memorise.
- Read Ta’awuz (auzu billahi min ashaytaan ir rajeem) and then Tasmiyah(bismillahir rahmanir rahim) then start by reading the first ayat whilst looking in (without trying to commit it to memory). Read the ayat like this atleast 10 times. This is the minimum one should do. If you can’t, then do it atleast 5 times.
- After that, try and split the ayat up into few parts. For example the first ayat of Surah Mulk is: ‘tabarak alazi bi yadi hil mulku wa huwa a’la kulli shayin qadeer’ (write Arabic for it please). So split this ayat up into,say, four parts. First part being ‘Tabarak alazi…’ then try and commit this small part of the ayat to memory and repeat from memory 5 times.
- Move on to the next part ‘bi yadi hil mulku’ and commit this part to memory and repeat from memory 5 times. Thereafter, memorise the rest of the ayat likewise.
- Once you have memorised the ayat using this method, try and read the full ayat from memory. If any corrections need to be made, then check it up and then read from memory again. Repeat atleast 10 times.
- You should have this ayat memorised by the end of the day. When attempting the next ayat the following day, try and read over the first ayat a few times then start on the new ayat. This will help you retain what you have learnt from the day before.
So what are we waiting for?? Lets get started on this amazing challenge